P&O's Aurora

P&O's Aurora

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Janet's diary 5th September

Friday 5th September

I was awake soon after seven and peeped out of the window to see the coast of North Africa lit by a golden glow and not a cloud in the sky.  A hot and sunny day in store, for sure.  We decided to risk the Orangery buffet for breakfast , usually somewhere we avoid as it's often chaotic and noisy up there, but this morning there were lots of empty tables and we sat right by the window watching the sea as we ate our croissants.  Yes, that's all we had... Has food fatigue set in already?!!!

Dave went off to play shuffleboard but I went to the morning art class as there was a WI get-together in the afternoon which I also wanted to attend.  We painted a wading bird this morning, I am informed it was called a turnstone, but the class's efforts resembled everything from thrushes to cuckoos and flamingos.  I'm really enjoying the art classes and (sshhh) might start painting again when I get home.

The WI get-together turned out to be a waste of an hour.  Seven of us were there and most of the others were officials within their groups, and terribly Keen (Polite way of saying obsessed).  I suppose I ought to have guessed that might be the case.  They have two more meetings planned, but I think I'm busy then. Whenever it is.

Dress code tonight was 'Smart' (jackets must be worn by the men, and ladies are advised to wear smart separates or an elegant dress). Dressing up fatigue is definitely setting in for me already, I really don't like all this formality, even though I do conform.

We decided to watch the Headliners show after dinner.  They were performing 'Stop in the Name of Love', a show based on Motown hits.  Despite the exuberant performances, high volume and flashing lights, I found myself nodding off a couple of times.  The Headliners are without doubt a talented bunch of performers, but the the choreography is SO predictable.  Mind you, we were spoiled by our cruise on Allure of the Seas earlier this year, with their no-expense-spared productions.

Straight to bed and straight to sleep after the show.

We've not totally resolved our technical issues relating to uploading the blogs.  Our little net book gave up the ghost a few months ago, so this time we've brought Dave's elderly laptop and my iPad mini.  Dave writes his posts on his laptop, but then can't get onto Blogger to upload them, so has to email them to me to add them to the blog.  I've just about managed to work out how to do most blog-related things on the iPad, apart from uploading photographs.  There has been a lot of swearing in our cabin as we've struggled with the gadgets!

Xx
Janet

1 comment:

  1. Glad that technical expertise is evident to enable us to see the blogs. Food fatigue on day 5 !!!! How can that be ? Too many custard tarts !
    Enjoying the blog and still wishing we were there
    Julie and Dave x

    ReplyDelete